In de vorige blog schreef ik dat ik Nisargadatta's gedachtegoed respecteer, en - ondanks het feit dat hij geen rekening hield met de aanmaak van extra lichamen - raadde ik eenieder die aan Zelfkennis wil doen - een Zelfkennis, gebaseerd op de leerstellingen van George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff en het 'Kennen van het Zelf' - aan om een grondige studie te maken van al hetgeen hij ons aangaande het thema 'Zijn' bracht.
"Maar," voegde ik eraan toe, "voor mij stopte het daarbij, gewoonweg omdat - volgens hem - dat 'Zijn' als het ware dient vernietigd te worden, teneinde in het Absolute over te gaan. Allemaal goed en wel, indien dat jou aanspreekt...
Hieronder vind je enkele van zijn vele uitspraken, in het Engels uiteraard. Mij niet, maar misschien spreken ze jou aan...
- With what identity do you judge me or judge yourself? You entertain the idea that you are going to have different births, I don’t believe in any such stories. I know ‘I’ never was, that ‘I amness’ was never there for me. I am the unborn state.
- The ‘I am’ is sustained by the food body, that is, our body, which is the food for the ‘I am’. Every creature depends on its food and the ‘I am’ depends upon our body. Will you remember this?
- The ‘I amness’ together with the vital breath appear spontaneously when the body is created. The vital breath and food body are necessary to sustain the ‘I amness’. When the food body is dropped by the vital breath the ‘I amness’ disappears. Where does the flame go when it is extinguished? The same thing applies to the ‘I amness’.
- I have many photographs of my Guru here, because my Guru ‘is’ I know ‘I am’. You presume that your Guru is a body-mind and that is a mistake. I do not look upon my Guru like that. He is merged into Consciousness and I see him as that.
- The ‘I am’ is there throughout his or her life even if a person lives for a hundred years, but the ‘I am’ disappears when the body is gone. This is called death.
- The sense of taste comes from the element earth, perception emanates from air and sound from space, but the primary concept is ‘I am’. First without sound you know ‘I am’ (as when you awaken from deep sleep), then you say ‘I am’, with this comes the need ‘to be’. With the departure of the vital breath, there is no sound, no language, no warmth – its death, death is also a concept. Nevertheless, everything dwells in food essence quality (‘I am’), when this disappears – it is all over. To sustain beingness, the product of food, we eat food, but that is not your identity.
- Without the intake of food, there is no opportunity to say ‘I am’, out of the essence of the earth sprouts vegetation and out of that sprouts the ‘I am’, realize this without eyesight or intellect. That principle likes to cry, enjoy, and laugh, but you are not that, realize this only. Become one with the ‘I am’, then you can transcend it, then ‘I the Absolute’ am not the ‘I am’.
- There is nothing for you to do, everything just comes into being and happens. Why are you concerned with what to do? You deal with the world only after having Consciousness, when the ‘I am’ is there. Once it is gone everything ends, it is all spontaneous.
- What I am telling you about the merging of the ‘I am’ with the Source is the real thing. As you progress and get established in Beingness you will understand that you are above the dreaming and waking states, as these pertain only to your ‘I amness’. When the ‘I amness’ is not there, the tool required to observe is also not there. Once there is Self-realization, the whole riddle is solved.
- The moment the ‘I amness’ explodes or appears, all of space is lit up. The entire sky is the expression of your Beingness, yet you believe that you are only the body. Your love for the body limits your horizons. But the moment those walls come down, you are one with ‘Brahman’ and the whole universe.
- The ‘I am’ in body form can reach the highest state, if you accept it and dwell there you escape birth and death. Just be in that principle, there are no disciplines for this. If you do penance it is because you have sinned in previous births, but if you really come across a sage he shows you your true nature.
- Be alert to the ‘I am’ and all other experiences will be transcended. The next elevation will only come when you abide in the Self. When you are convinced that ‘all of Consciousness is my Self’, when the conviction is firmly embedded, then only will the question of the next elevation arise.
- The one, who tries to abide in the Self, loses identity with his ego. The very identity that ‘I am’ gets dissolved. Your true identity – The Absolute – is prior to the ‘I am’. How can you provide a uniform (the ochre robe) to it?
- When I talk I refer to the ‘I am’ knowledge and not to me personally. As long as you are attached to and identified with the body you will never have peace. But once you get rid of the body attachment you could be the king and ruler of the world, yet still be at peace.
- Beingness is the lord of the universe, therefore, all the time, be with the lord of manifestation and all your problems and puzzles will be cleared. This knowledge that ‘I am’ makes perception possible, make it your own. Whatever you may want, just do this (abide in the ‘I am’) and you will have everything. In this knowledge ‘I am’ is the entire universe. Consciousness is the lord of all manifestation, only because of the body that we consider this consciousness as a bodily principle.
- When you get established in the Beingness there no thoughts or words. You are everything and everything is You. Later even that ceases to exist. Krishna made Arjuna realize that the whole world is Krishna. He realized that the knowledge ‘I am’, which means the manifestation of the entire universe, spontaneously appeared on him.
- Day by day your conviction that the knowledge ‘I am’ is God must grow. Don’t care about the body, by constant meditation, when God is pleased, you will have complete knowledge in the realm of Consciousness. You may go anywhere, but don’t forget that the knowledge ‘I am’ itself is God.
- The ‘I am’ is all, the God, just know that the ‘I am’ is God, this is the first step, the knowledge ‘I am’ is yourself. All other activities will follow; you just get established in the knowledge. ‘I am’, it is the sun, and all other activities are rays.
- The ‘I am’ is the only God to be pleased. Whatever you presently know about God is only bargaining. Your very existence or beingness is the proof that God exists. If I am not, God is not. God’s existence is due to the consciousness, the ‘I am’, please it and it will lead you to its source.
Gurdjieff versus Nisargadatta
Daar waar de ene zegt dat er superinspanningen nodig zijn om iets in jezelf kristalliseren, zegt de andere dat je gewoonweg niets moet doen om 'het Absolute' te bereiken. Om die reden plaatste ik hieronder een videoclip, gericht aan al degenen die de weg van de minste weerstand verkiezen... :-)
En, als je daar (n)ooit geraakt, kan je het ons laten weten? Danke!
Of, probeer dit eens uit..., al was het maar voor de lol.
- Ikzelf blijf de leerstellingen van George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff trouw -
"Vind mensen, die in zichzelf zowel de motivatie als de aangeboren drijfveer hebben om aan hun Innerlijke Zelf te werken, en we zullen hen gidsen."
- DIMschool vzw, gespecialiseerd in Zelfkennis, zijnde: het kennen van het Zelf -
Stoppen we ermee op 31/12/2020 ???
Of, voel je je geroepen om deze Spiritualia website te sponsoren, opdat we tóch online blijven?
Dit kan al vanaf 1 euro. Meer info, of interesse?.... Klik op deze link voor meer info.
- Ook kan je in onze webshop iets aankopen, waaronder:
Boeken (sterk afgeprijst)
Wierook & Benodigdheden
En.., voor de 'Zoekers naar hun Innerlijke Waarheid' is er Eclecticus!